Which Honey Should You Choose For Skin Care?
Honey For Skin Care
There are many varieties of honey, each with specific properties. It sometimes seems difficult to make a choice among the different products offered. What honey to choose to take care of your skin or hair? We give you our best advice through this article!
In this article
What honey should you choose to take care of your skin?
Honey owes its benefits to the varieties of flowers foraged by bees. According to plant species, honey will not have the same virtues. Here is an overview of the best honeys for caring for different skin types .
Acacia honey: the ally of fragile skin
Tolerated by all skin types, acacia honey is appreciated for its soothing properties which gently treat dry and sensitive skin . Rich in vitamins and minerals, it deeply nourishes the skin and helps maintain the rate of hydration. The use of acacia honey in a treatment provides protection against tightness and irritation. To make a cleansing mask, you will need:
- 50 g raw oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons acacia honey
- half a jar of plain yogurt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the preparation on your face.
- Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Thyme honey and manuka honey: formidable against acne
Thyme honey, like manuka honey, is a powerful antiseptic with antibacterial properties. Its composition allows it to accelerate the elimination of impurities and promotes the healing process. With this honey, acne-prone skin is purified and the unsightly little pimples leave no traces! Here is a simple and effective recipe to fight acne effectively:
- 3 teaspoons of thyme honey or manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the preparation on your face.
- Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse.
My favorite on Amazon
Do not hesitate to consult my article on the best honeys for skin care to discover more recipes!
What honey should you choose to maintain your hair?
Combining beauty and well-being, honey is effective in taking care of hair. Used regularly as a hair mask, it helps fortify the scalp and restore all of its splendor to your hair. Here are some types of honey and recipe ideas for healthy hair!
Thyme honey to treat brittle hair
If you have purchased a jar of thyme honey , this one will not only serve you for the preparation of your face masks! The multiple properties of this honey make it a great ally to repair weakened hair . Used as a hair mask, thyme honey restores shine, strength and vitality to your hair. To prepare a repair mask, here are the necessary ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of thyme honey
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of argan oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you have a homogeneous texture.
- Distribute the mask over your hair, emphasizing the lengths.
- Leave on for around twenty minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo.
Repeat this treatment once or twice a week for maximum effectiveness.
Lemon honey to enhance colored hair
Is your hair weakened by repeated dyes ? Lemon honey is an essential product to use in your hair care. This wonder of the hive will restore all their splendor to your hair, sometimes tarnished by the many colorings that they have undergone. Here is a simple recipe that you can easily integrate into a beauty routine:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lukewarm water
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the preparation on your hair.
- Leave on for twenty minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and do your usual shampoo.
This treatment can be performed every week to restore shine to the hair.
Still wondering which honey to choose to maintain your hair? I invite you to read this article: my honey masks for hair .
How to choose honey in cosmetics
I cannot repeat it enough, but the choice of your product is decisive for obtaining satisfactory results. To obtain quality honey , a few rules must be observed:
- check its composition : good honey is not mixed with any other substance whatsoever.
- control its origin : each type of honey comes from a specific tree or flower which attributes its characteristics to it. Learn about the origin of the honey you want before you buy it.
- observe its color : some honeys are light, others darker. This should be taken into account and is a good indicator of the quality of the product.
If you buy your honey on the internet, take the time to compare the brands and their reputation before you decide. You can also go to a pharmacy, an organic store or directly to the beekeeper in your region for personalized advice.
The last word
Each honey has interesting virtues for treating different types of skin and hair. This natural ingredient allows you to create homemade treatments ideal for treating skin disorders or restoring strength and vitality to weakened hair. You now know my best tips and which honey to choose to take care of you. What are your favorite skincare products? Let us know in the comments!